Q: What are the punishable acts?
1. Delaying the performance of judicial or
executive order for the release of a
2. Unduly delaying the service of the notice
of such order to said prisoner
3. Unduly delaying the proceedings upon
any petition for the liberation of such
Q: What are the elements of delaying release?
1. Offender is a public officer or employee
2. There is a judicial executive order for the
release of the prisoner or detention
prisoner, or that there is a proceeding
upon a petition for the liberation of such
3. Offender without good reason delays:
a. Service of notice of such order to the
b. Performance of such judicial or
executive order for the release of the
c. Proceedings upon a petition for the
release of such person.
Note: The prisoners could be prisoners by final
judgment or detention prisoners.
Wardens and jailers are the officers most likely to
violate this provision.